The Cure for the Common Cruise
Chartering a fully crewed private catamaran sailing the Abacos for a vacation is a special, if not once in lifetime experience. The level of service offered on a private charter is unsurpassed, the cuisine and cocktails are world class, and the countless activities on land and sea will give you a much needed break from technology.
To give you a better idea of what to expect from a charter, read what our guests have to say about their experience with us aboard Alternate Latitude.
Crowded cruise ships & large Caribbean resorts is not the only way to spend your vacation. For just about the same amount of money - you can spend 4-7 nights chilling on your own private vessel and visiting all the cays and beaches you want. Chartering your own Catamaran is a CURE for the COMMON CRUISE! Sail the Abacos in style. Cruise with Alternate Latitude.
Benefits of Chartering
Chartering a sailboat in the Abaco Islands is unlike any other experience. The time you spend on the water allows you to truly disconnect, relax, and become completely immersed in some of the most beautiful natural locations in the World. Here are some more benefits of chartering a boat for your getaway.
Your sailing vacation is entirely customized to your liking.
- Gourmet Cuisine
You will not go hungry. Having a personal chef means gourmet dining every day for every type of palate and dietary preference. Dine on board on the islands. Its your Choice!
- Local Knowledge
You don't have to plan your itinerary. Your captain doubles as a local historical, wildlife, and entertainment expert.
- Fun and Games
You will not get bored. You can scuba dive, snorkel, Stand Up Paddleboard, surf, or go tubing from the boat. We even have boardgames and cards.
- Price Options
There are options for every budget. Whether looking for a small intimate anniversary celebration or a group vacation with old friends, chartering is for everyone.
Places We sail
Our charters begin in Marsh Harbour in the Abaco Islands, Bahamas. Once aboard, we take you island hopping through some of the most beautiful waters in the world. With sheltered coves that block the prevailing Trade Winds, the Abaco Islands and nearby Eleuthera Island are ideal for new sailors looking for a relaxing voyage on a crewed charter.
From peaceful mornings lounging on uninhabited beaches to memorable blood-pumping hikes with amazing vistas to lively evenings spent drinking "Goombay Punch" with pirates, these amazing Islands offer something for everyone.
What to pack
You don't need to pack much when you're vacationing in the Caribbean, especially when you're sailing. Here is a list of what we recommend you bring on your getaway at sea.
- Passport and Visa documents if applicable
- Light weight clothing, including long sleeves and pants for breezy evenings
- Bathing suit
- "Smart casual" attire for dinners onshore
- Shoes and flip flops get left at the door, but you will want to bring tennis or hiking shoes for land adventures
- Sun protection (hat, long sleeves, sunglasses, rash guard)
- Water bottle that can be filled up from our onboard fresh water filter
- Dry bag to carry towels and books to the beach while riding in the dingy
- Microfiber towel
- Soft sided cooler for carrying drinks to the beach
- Soft sided luggage that can be easily stowed
- Prescriptions and seasickness medicine (Bonine and natural ginger chews work well)
- Waterproof case for your phone
- Music player (iPod, iPhone, MP3)
- Camera (don't forget your charger and extra batteries if needed)
- A good book or two / Kindle with waterproof case
- Snorkel/Dive gear if you do not want to use our snorkel masks, snorkels, and fins
- We care about the environment so we carry biodegradable soap and shampoo and reef safe sunscreen on board