The Alternate Latitude crew will meet you at the airport upon arrival in Marsh Harbour. (MHH) or should your flights require an overnight, you can view our lodging options under the lodging tab or simply stay overnight aboard Alternate Latitude. Ask about our two island discoveries including Eleuthera (ELH).
Once you have arrived, there will be an opportunity to pick up any last minute provisioning before a pre-cruise check-in, chart briefing and boarding the charter. Our crew will get you situated and help plan the meals and excursion prior to arrival.
What to pack
You don't need to pack much when you're vacationing in the Caribbean, especially when you're sailing. Here is a list of what we recommend you bring on your getaway at sea.
- Passport and Visa documents if applicable
- Light weight clothing, including long sleeves and pants for breezy evenings
- Bathing suit
- "Smart casual" attire for dinners onshore
- Shoes and flip flops get left at the door, but you will want to bring tennis or hiking shoes for land adventures
- Sun protection (hat, long sleeves, sunglasses, rash guard)
- Water bottle that can be filled up from our onboard fresh water filter
- Dry bag to carry towels and books to the beach while riding in the dingy
- Microfiber towel
- Soft sided cooler for carrying drinks to the beach
- Soft sided luggage that can be easily stowed
- Prescriptions and seasickness medicine (Bonine and natural ginger chews work well)
- Waterproof case for your phone
- Music player (iPod, iPhone, MP3)
- Camera (don't forget your charger and extra batteries if needed)
- A good book or two / Kindle with waterproof case
- Snorkel/Dive gear if you do not want to use our snorkel masks, snorkels, and fins
- We care about the environment so we carry biodegradable soap and shampoo and reef safe sunscreen on board