Alternate Latitude is an award-winning "Green"
44 foot Voyage Catamaran.
You will experience the security of a licensed Captain, local knowledge and flair on a comfortable and beautiful sailing vessel.
Your floating hotel offers 3 queen staterooms, each with its own bathroom. The boat comes outfitted with toys aplenty, with 2 Stand Up Paddleboards, snorkel equipment for the whole gang, floaties, and a dingy, your tender for shore excursions.
Travel to multiple Caribbean islands via your own personal charter and visit coves and islands that you couldn't get to easily if you stayed in a hotel without paying for all the extra travel costs such as ferries and taxis.
We are committed to preserving the natural beauty of the ocean that we sail. In 2013, we won the Charter Yacht Brokers Association International Save the Blue Award for our green practices that include:
Cleaning with biodegradable and Earth-friendly products like hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar
Using reusable cloth laundry and grocery bags to eliminate our plastic bag usage
Promoting reef-safe mineral sunscreen
Sailing under solar panels and sails as often as possible
Cooking with organic or sustainably grown and produced ingredients
Our Chef can adapt any meal to accommodate any & all dietary restrictions. As part of our focus on sustainability, she works with local farmers and fisherman to source locally grown produce & proteins whenever possible.
Always accompanied by fresh fruit, coffee, tea & juice
- Traditional Eggs Benedict Canadian bacon topped with warm hollandaise sauce and served with a bacon and egg spinach salad
- Blueberry Pancakes with lemon-infused maple syrup and served with your choice of sausage or bacon
- Crispy Hash Brown Frittata with cremini mushroom, asparagus and parmesan cheese topped with crispy hash browns
- Vanilla Rum French Toast topped with cinnamon and sugar and served with warm maple syrup
- Overnight Blueberry Oats drizzled with honey and topped with cinnamon and toasted almond granola
- Sausage & Egg Breakfast Sandwiches with turkey sausage and thyme infused pan gravy on a toasted English muffin
- Yogurt Parfait with granola and fresh fruit served with toasted banana-Nutella sandwiches
- Ahi Tuna Tacos with a soy orange coulis, wasabi aioli and pico de gallo served with black bean and corn salsa
- Blackened Mahi Mahi with avocado, mango salsa and chipotle aioli served on a ciabatta bun with mixed greens
- Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki served in the pineapple, with vegetable fried rice
- Gourmet Bleu Cheese Stuffed Burgers with caramelized onions and green peppercorn aioli on a brioche bun with mixed greens
- Beef Tenderloin Kebabs marinated in an Asian sesame soy sauce and served with crispy sweet potato wedges and a spicy ginger ketchup
- Chopped Greek Salad with diced marinated chicken breast, served with toasted pita bread and a lemon herb vinaigrette
- Smoked Salmon served with dill cream cheese, capers, and sliced red onion atop toasted crostini
- Classic Caesar Salad in a Sriracha Caesar dressing with garlic croutons and freshly grated parmesan
- Caprese Salad with fresh avocado & prosciutto
- Ceviche de Pescado fresh catch of the day “cooked” in lemon & lime juice and served with citrus marinated tomatoes, bell pepper and radish garnished with crispy plantain chips
- Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta with fresh buffalo mozzarella and drizzled with balsamic reduction
- Charcuterie Board with artisanal meats and cheeses, fruit and spicy sweet pepper jelly
- Sesame Marinated Tuna with wasabi mashed potatoes and sake steamed baby bok choy
- Grilled Rib-Eye topped with caramelized onions and Boursin cheese served with garlic roasted cauliflower puree and orange-honey glazed carrots
- Sweet Chili Garlic Salmon with coconut jasmine rice and sesame string beans over an edamame puree
- Chicken Parmesan served over linguini with sautéed vegetables and toasted garlic bread
- Bone-in Pork Chop with crispy brussel sprouts and spinach-feta mashed potatoes
- Parmesan Crusted Scallops over sweet corn and baby pea risotto with asparagus
- Cherry Cheesecake with a graham cracker cinnamon crust
- Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies with vanilla ice cream and fresh berries
- Double Fudge Brownies with vanilla ice cream and warm caramel sauce
- Key Lime Pie with a graham cracker cinnamon crust and fresh whipped cream
- Strawberry Shortcake Sandwiches dusted in confectioners sugar and served with fresh berries
- Vanilla Gooey Butter Cake with warm caramel sauce
DIVING & SNORKELING
The clear Caribbean waters of the Virgin Islands are teaming with colorful fish and corals. With enough masks, snorkels, and fins for 10 guests your entire party can appreciate the beautiful underwater world.
SURF & SUP
If you've never walked on water, this will be your chance. View the underwater world from above on one of our two Stand Up Paddleboards. If you're interested in more of an adrenaline rush, we can help you arrange windsurfing, kiteboarding, and wakeboarding lessons.
GUIDED KAYAK TOURS
Paddle through the clear turquoise waters of the Islands with your very own guide. Learn about the local marine life or explore caves rumored to hold pirates treasure. Kayak tours can be arranged at your request.
One of the best things about a vacation on the water is that the seafood is always fresh. We provide everything you need to catch your own dinner!
Ready to see the Islands from high in the sky? Experience the thrill of an Offshore Powerboat ride, Parachuting, Ballooning and Gliding all in one “Action Packed Adventure”. We are happy to arrange a parasailing adventure for you and your family (ages 6 and up).
Give your sea legs a rest and explore life on the Islands. Our tender will take you to shore where you can hike on historic trails, take in amazing hilltop views, or relax on secluded white sandy beaches.
BEACH YOGA & MASSAGE
Immerse yourself in true relaxation in paradise and relieve yourself from the stress and tension of life back home. Enjoy yoga or massage on the beach or on the boat. Ask us about our yoga and massage services.
Doug has always had a profound love of the ocean.
Pursuing this passion from a very early age, Doug purchased his first boat years before he received his driver’s license and obtained his captains license at the age of 19. Doug's first experience navigating the Caribbean began in his early twenties on race boats.
After several seasons of racing its pristine waters he came to the conclusion that he desired a more permanent (and serene) existence in the Virgin Islands. These decisions lead him to retire from the racing circuit and pursue captaining term charters.
Doug's friendly nature and vibrant sense of humor are trumped only by his wealth of knowledge pertaining to all things Caribbean. He loves sharing all the popular and exciting hot stops that the VI has to offer almost as much as he loves to whisk his guests away to the more secluded anchorages that showcase the untouched exotic beauty of the islands.
Other than his great passion, sailing, Doug also enjoys cooking, surfing, snowboarding and boat restoration. He is exceptionally energetic and generally loves any out door activity. Doug looks forward to showing his guests all the adventure and excitement the Caribbean has to offer. You will find him to be an excellent captain who offers a very unique experience not soon to be forgotten!
Carolyn's friends and clients describe her as gregarious, warm-hearted, and adventurous.
Raised in the suburbs of Chicago and a graduate of the University of Iowa, Carolyn's work ethic and warmth nod to her Midwestern roots. Following her formal education at the University of Iowa she completed the entry-level examination with The Court of Master Sommeliers and attended Chicago's illustrious Academy of Spirits & Fine Service.
Carolyn's passion for food, wine and entertaining coupled with her appetite for knowledge built a strong foundation for her career in the hospitality industry. Having worked in restaurants for over twelve years, Carolyn has had the opportunity to fine-tune her understanding of wine and spirits and how they relate to a myriad of different cuisines.
She now focuses all of her boundless energy and brilliant creativity on the culinary masterpieces she creates for her guests. Her talent in the galley is underscored by her effortless ability to entertain.
Other than food and travel, her hobbies include photography, hiking, reading, skiing, and practicing Pilates. Carolyn's sparkling personality, love of adventure, and innate ability to make her guests feel welcome guarantee that your trip to the Caribbean will be one to remember!
A fully crewed luxury experience, our All-Inclusive Charter leaves all of the relaxation to you.
On this sailing vacation, you will wake up to a breakfast of fresh local fruit and homemade treats from your personal Chef. Then either jump in the sea for a refreshing swim or snorkel or take a hike on the trails that lead you to historical spots complete with amazing views.
A light and healthy lunch will await you back on the boat - after that is a perfect time for an afternoon nap in the shade or a paddle with sea turtles on one of the Stand Up Paddleboards.
Wind up the day with a little happy hour before a sumptuous organic dinner under the stars. Or opt for the delicious local West Indian fare at places like Foxy's or The Bitter End.
All meals and beverages, including the ship's full bar are included. Shore meals, excursions, and crew gratuities are not included.
The half-board charter includes 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches & 3 dinners, soft beverages, beer & wine. This option gives you the freedom of trying some of the local flavors the Islands have to offer.
This option is a way to save money on your charter and experience a relaxed, casual sailing boat and galley clean up. Our Captain will take care of sailing and cleaning the boat and will arrange an itinerary that meets your requirements taking into account weather, feasibility, and safety. He may even make you a dinner or three.
You will be responsible for purchasing your food and beverages. We highly recommend Sunrise Provisions for your food and beverage provisioning needs.
All water toys are included, so you enjoy the comfort and amenities of a crewed yacht without the expense of gourmet cuisine or the limitations of dining on board.
Extra costs on this Charter include provisions (food and drink) for your group and the captain, fuel, ice, crew gratuities, local permits, customs and immigration, mooring balls, and gratuities - basically anything but the boat and captain/crew.
** Upgrade your experience to the DELUXE option which includes all of the sailing expenses like fuel, ice, local permits, mooring balls, and customs and immigrations. Keep your wallet in your pocket. **
ALTERNATE LATITUDE WELCOMES BROKER INQUIRIES! WE ARE A MEMBER OF:
Charters are typically for 7 nights and can start and end on any day convenient to you and the yacht's availability. Charters for less than 7 nights are prorated plus a 10% surcharge.
We can pick up and drop off in the US or BVI so when looking for flights, check on both locations.
Trip insurance is recommended, especially for July through October bookings.
LAST MINUTE CHARTERS? You bet! If our calendar is open and you are ready to take a vacation within the next 2 weeks, we will offer a 15% discount!